Our plans for welcoming you back to Par Track
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on Sunday the guidelines on outdoor activities and physical movement have been relaxed as of 13th May.
This means more people can be outside; including the open spaces at Par Track for exercise, leisure and even socially-distanced socialising.
We are mindful that Social Distancing Guidelines have not changed, and we are all expected to remain 2 metres apart, and crucially not to be passing equipment back and forth between ourselves.
With this is mind we can start to open more of the facilities to the community;
ACTIVITIES ALLOWED IF SOCIAL DISTANCING ADHERED TO:
- Activities that do not require equipment that would not breach social-distancing rules, are now allowed, provided users ensure to maintain social distancing rules
- The Pump Track
- Running Track
- Playing fields are all now open for socially-distanced use
TO REMAIN CLOSED:
- The gym, cafe, library all remain closed. As do the bathroom facilities in the pavilion.
- Any activities that require the use of installed equipment that would be touched by more than one person, are still not allowed.
- The children’s play area remains closed.
- No athletics equipment that is used by multiple persons, is to be used.
Par Track is a community space and it is everyone’s responsibility to make sure that guidelines to reduce the spread of the virus are adhered to, and we are delighted that it is now possible to use more of Par Track, and hopeful that people’s respectful behaviour will enable this to continue.
If it becomes clear that social distancing is not being respected, and the facilities at Par Track are contributing to social proximity that is still not allowed, we will be forced to close all facilities.
Strictly no dogs, and no bicycles to be on or within the track. No exceptions, and anyone in violation risks being banned from the site.