Our Community Gym opens on 3rd August
We are delighted to announce the Par Track Gym is back open as from Monday 3rd August at 9am! As per the Government advice that came into effect on 25th July.
We’re a modern, no-fuss, friendly gym in the heart of the community. We’re not for your burly weight lifters or cardio fanatics – we’re here to make it easy for you to do some regular exercise.
To ensure maximum safety we have implemented the following measures;
- Only 6 people allowed in the gym at any one time
- No booking needed, though you might have to wait until there is a space
- Compulsory for you to complete the Track & Trace form with your contact details that is on a table inside the gym
- We have removed the Battle Ropes & Punch Bags/ Gloves for safety as they are harder to keep clean
- Wash hands regularly – new hand wash dispenser in the gym
- Covid floor tape on the floor to help you manage social distancing
- Equipment spaced 2m apart
- Doors & windows will be left open as much as possible to increase airflow
- Showers and changing rooms remain closed
- No spotting (having a friend help you train by supporting weights etc)
- Clean your equipment and benches after use
- No gym towels
You can pay as you go for £5 per session or benefit from our Monthly Membership and sign up for our monthly gym pass at £20 a month direct debit.
We’re re-starting the direct debits for current members on 10th August, giving you the chance to use the gym for a week for free – to help you familiarise yourself with the set-up again before any payment will be taken. You are of course free to cancel at any time as we have no contract membership.
You’ll also continue to benefit from all the gym member perks that include;
- Use of new equipment in the gym; including HiiT bikes, rowing machine, upper body skier, core balance machine plus light resistance weights
- Use of the Par running track to add to your fitness programme
- 30% off fitness classes
- Free parking
- No contract (cancel whenever you wish, no fees)
The gym has been closed since 18th March, so it will be amazing to welcome you back.