Bikeability Sessions are back at the track
We’re pleased to announce that we have relaunched the Government’s Bikeability Programme led by Emma Roberts – one of the team at Cycle Training Cornwall.
Bikeability is today’s cycle training programme endorsed by the government. It helps children gain practical skills and understanding of how to cycle on today’s roads. Delivered by qualified, professional instructors.
We are able to offer Level 1 at the track and Level 2 around the local roads starting and finishing at the track. We are releasing new sessions all the time on our Bookings Page or keep an eye on our Facebook page.
- Suitable for children Year 3 & above (7 yrs+).
- Participants will need to bring their own roadworthy bike and a helmet.
- There are 12 places on the session and each place is £12.
- After completing Bikeability 1, children can move on to Bikeability 2
At the end of the course riders will be able to;
- Cycle safely and responsibly
- Identify and respond to hazards
- Start and stop on-road journeys
- Maintain suitable riding positions
- Share the road with others and communicate with other road users
- Comply with signals, signs and road markings
- Manage risk when cycling
- Negotiate junctions (pass side roads, turn at T junctions, and crossroads and roundabouts if present).
- NOTE: The course will start and finish at Par Track but take place on local roads.