Bikeability is today’s cycle training programme endorsed by the government. It helps children gain practical skills and understanding of how to cycle on today’s roads. Delivered by qualified, professional instructors.
At the end of the session participants will get the official manual, badge and certificate.
Level 1 is all about preparing children for riding on the road so some cycling experience and basic riding skills are needed for this course. For example, children need to be able to set off, stop confidently & use their brakes – good cycling balance is important – so no bikes with stabilisers.
- Suitable for children Year 3 & above (7 yrs+).
- Participants will need to bring their own roadworthy bike and a helmet.
- There are 12 places on the session and each place is £12.
- After completing Bikeability 1, children can move on to Bikeability 2
The Bikeability Level 2 course aims to develop riders’ skills and confidence for cycling on single-lane roads and simple junctions.
Riders must have fully demonstrated Bikeability Level 1 National Standard assessment criteria before they start Bikeability Level 2 training, or have completed the Bikeability 1 course with us.
At the end of the course riders will be able to;
- Cycle safely and responsibly
- Identify and respond to hazards
- Start and stop on-road journeys
- Maintain suitable riding positions
- Share the road with others and communicate with other road users
- Comply with signals, signs and road markings
- Manage risk when cycling
- Negotiate junctions (pass side roads, turn at T junctions, and crossroads and roundabouts if present).
- NOTE: The course will start and finish at Par Track but take place on local roads.
Participants will need to bring their own roadworthy bike and a helmet. Session costs £35 and there are 6 places available.
How to book:
- Register your child’s details here.
- Then visit the Bookings page to secure a space
Cancellations: We cannot accept cancellations once you have booked but you can pass your ticket onto a friend and they can come instead as long as you let us know and they meet the requirements for attending the session.